Sparx Systems specializes in high performance and scalable visual modelling tools for the planning, design and construction of software intensive systems. With customers in industries ranging from aerospace and automotive engineering to finance, defence, government, entertainment and telecommunications, Sparx Systems is a leading vendor of innovative solutions based on the Unified Modelling Language (UML) and its related specifications.
A Contributing Member of the Object Management Group (OMG), Sparx Systems is committed to realizing the potential of model-driven development based on open standards. The company’s flagship product, Enterprise Architect, has received numerous accolades since its commercial release in August, 2000. Enterprise Architect is the design tool of choice for 580,000 registered users world-wide.
This guide provides information on how to use the tools, features and capabilities that have made Enterprise Architect the tool of choice for Enterprise, Business, System, Standards and Technology modeling worldwide:
Enterprise Architect 16.1
“Build better and build faster with this new release of Sparx Systems’ proven modeling and design platform.”
Featuring a wealth of performance upgrades, customizations, user interface tweaks and new features, the latest version of Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect provides the key tools and performance needed to tackle any modeling & design challenge. A major update that ensures you, your team and your customers have access to the best tools and the best experience at all times.
Collaborative modeling with Chat, Journals, Reviews and Discussions
New Chat Search
- Quickly locate previous chats with a collection of new tools for searching and filtering
- Search your entire chat history
- Focus your view to a specific date range by specifying start and end dates
- See where the conversation came from, and where it was going:
- All messages for that day of the search result
- Two or Five chats either side of your search result
- Discussion topics, posts and reviews have been enhanced to provide a clean “chat like” interface
- A new dedicated editor has been added when editing and reading discussions
- Sort discussions by most recent activity, keeping the most active discussion at the top
- Keep discussions with no recent activity in front of mind by making them ‘Always Visible’ by Status
- Diagrams are now included as Review topics
- See any diagram that has been part of a review in:
- The Review & Discussion History and/or
- The Manage Reviews windows
Custom Documents in Enterprise Architect 16.1
Custom Documents have had numerous enhancements to make creating dynamic documents faster and easier. Quickly build the exact report you or your customers need:
- Drag and Drop model content from anywhere in the Project Browser onto your document
- Apply a built-in or custom template to extract the information you want
- Add your own hand crafted text, images etc
- Drag and drop more content and add more hand crafted text
- Complete freedom to build, customize and keep your reports and documents up to date
- Fast, effective, flexible and easy
Time Aware Modeling in Enterprise Architect 16.1
Time Aware Modeling has been updated to improve and extend cloning of models. In particular, annotation elements such as Notes, Hyperlinks and etc. are now fully cloneable.
- Addition of Annotation Elements as cloneable artifacts
- Inclusion of proxy connector end points
- New Clone Conflict resolution dialog
- New stored information to better track artifact lineages
Coding Updates in Enterprise Architect 16.1
Improved Code Engineering/Code Editor to support for Java’s new version up to Java 17/18. Code engineering enhanced to support C# 10’s newest features.
- Record Structure
- Global using directive
- New interpolated string format
- File scoped namespace
New Model wizard patterns for:
- Data Miner
- Dynamic Charts
Patterns plus new perspective (“UML Behavioral”) for Dynamic UML technology.